Pitchero ad

Beaconsfield Set Up Final Day Shoot-Out For The Title

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

It`s a straight shoot-out for the Evo-Stik League South East title on Saturday with a point now separating Beaconsfield Town from AFC Rushden & Diamonds after the former`s comprehensive win at Egham Town on Thursday night took them back to the top of the table.

Tomorrow, Beaconsfield make the short trip to Marlow, while Diamonds host Ashford Town (Middx) at Hayden Road.

If Beaconsfield lose, a point could well be enough for Diamonds as they possess a superior goal difference.

At the Runnymede Stadium on Thursday, Tony Mendy gave Beaconsfield a 35th minute lead with the only goal of the opening half.

Ashley Lodge pulled the Sarnies back on level terms 8 minutes after the break, but then the visitors took command, restoring their lead on the hour-mark through Kezie Ibe and then Mendy adding a third with his second 4 minutes later.

Ibe netted his second of the game on 71 minutes and Tre Mitford made it a nap hand 12 minutes from time.

Ironically, the two other teams involved in tomorrow`s drama, Marlow and Ashford, met at the Alfred Davis Memorial Ground and shared a 1-1 draw in which Curtis Chapple`s 62nd minute opener for the home side was levelled 2 minutes from time through Jack Beadle.

Thame United hammered relegated Arlesey Town 7-1 at home, taking the visitors` goals-against column to a massive 121.

Once again in was the Daniel West and Lynton Goss show for Thame, with West scoring four and Goss three – all bar West`s fourth coming in the first half!

Aylesbury United won 3-1 at Hanwell Town with goals from Ollie Hogg after 42 minutes, Ben Seaton 2 minutes later and Jeanmal Prosper on 67 minutes – Mergin Qarri replying 2 minutes from time, while Joe Briggs bagged both of Moneyfields` goals at Sharpenhoe Road to win 2-1 against third-bottom Barton Rovers, whose Drew Phillips had given them a 24th minute lead.

Bedford Town`s hopes of finishing seventh were boosted by a 4-0 win at second-bottom Aylesbury FC, courtesy of David Manu after 35 minutes, David Moli 4 minutes later, Bradley Woods-Garness just before the break and Callum Donnelly on 69 minutes.


About Author

Comments are closed.