Pitchero ad

Missed Penalties – Three Dismissals As Beaconsfield Drop To Second

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

The Evo-Stik League South East title race is still open, but the play-off places are now known after Saturday`s round of matches.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds returned to the top of the table and hold a two-point lead and have two games remaining compared to second-placed Beaconsfield Town`s three.

However, Beaconsfield were beaten 1-0 at Holloways Park by fourth-placed Hayes & Yeading United in a dramatic encounter.

The home side were reduced to ten-men after just 8 minutes when Jordan Ajanlekoko was sent-off for deliberate handball in the area.

But Manny Duku’s penalty was saved by Hayes` keeper Brendan Hazlett

A minute into the second half, the numbers on the pitch were evened-up when Tommy Smith was dismissed for a push in the area – his second caution – but Tony Mendy`s resultant penalty was also missed!

Hayes & Yeading went down to nine-men in the 76th minute when Ola Olajubu received a second yellow for a deliberate handball.

And on 82 minutes, a third penalty was awarded when Hayes` Toby Little was brought down in the box and this time Duku made no mistake.

Things weren`t quite as hectic as Diamonds won 1-0 at Cambridge City who, nevertheless, had confirmed their place in the top six before Joel Gyasi`s goal right on the stroke of half-time at St Ives.

Hartley Wintney are awaiting any slip ups from the top two and have two games to go and are three points behind the leaders after winning 1-0 at Short Lane against Ashford Town (Middx), courtesy of a Paul Hodges goal 14 minutes from time.

AFC Dunstable are the other side in the top six and they won 2-0 at the New Eyrie against a Bedford Town side whose outside chances of making the top six themselves have now gone.

Goals in the final 8 minutes from Jermaine Hall and a Drew Roberts penalty sealed the visitors` win.

Chalfont St Peter are seventh after a 2-1 win at the Meadow against Aylesbury United, thanks to Rob Hastings after 18 minutes and Alan Hedley on 66 minutes, while Jack Wood netted a 79th minute consolation for the Ducks.

Elsewhere, Jake Newman and Harry Stratton bagged a brace apiece as Kempston Rovers hammered relegated Arlesey Town 5-0 at Hillgrounds – Jermaine Ivy adding the other – and Lynton Goss, Tom Ashworth and James McGowan all scored within 4 minutes of each other midway through the second half for Thame United at Northwood, who led through Jermaine Osei`s 21st minute spot-kick.

Egham Town beat Fleet Town 3-0 at the Runnymede Stadium with goals from Brendan Matthew with two and Laurie Diakiesse, while Barton Rovers` Charlie Hayford, Andrew Phillips and Omar Naseri outgunned Ty Deacon`s late penalty for Aylesbury FC at Sharpenhoe Road.

Hanwell Town and Marlow and Uxbridge against Moneyfields both ended 0-0.


About Author

Comments are closed.