Pitchero ad

South Shields Leave It Very, Very Late To Beat Bottom-Markers

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

The South Shields bandwagon rolls on as a 2-0 win at Mariners Park against bottom-markers Goole AFC maintained their lead at the top of the Evo-Stik League North table on Tuesday night.

But the north-east side`s lead is still only one point as second-placed Bamber Bridge also won on the night.

A crowd of 1,482 saw Goole put up a valiant fight against the leaders and the Mariners looked to be heading for a frustrating goalless goal as they struggled to find the breakthrough.

However, substitutes Gavin Cogdon and Julio Arca struck in the last 5 minutes for Shields as they made it a remarkable fifty wins from their last fifty-two games.

At Irongate, a goal from Phil Doughty after 23 minutes sealed Bamber Bridge`s win against Prescot Cables.

Ramsbottom United moved up to fifth after beating Brighouse Town 2-1 at the Harry Williams Riverside Stadium.

Sam Heathcote gave Rammy a 13th minute lead that he eventually added to 5 minutes after half-time.

Jack Normanton reduced the arrears on the hour-mark, but the visitors weren`t able to find a leveller.

Hyde United are seventh and maintained their unbeaten record with a comprehensive 4-0 Ewen Fields win over Atherton Collieries.

An early 9th minute Karl Jones opener was eventually added to by Ryan Ellison on 53 minutes, Phattharaphol Khamsuk on 69 minutes and David Brown 4 minutes from time.

Second-bottom Skelmersdale United were beaten again – this time 2-0 at Stormy Corner by Kendal Town.

The Mintcakes were in front after just 6 minutes and Richard Seear made sure with a second 7 minutes after the break.

Ossett Albion`s second win of the campaign to date pulled them four points clear of the bottom side.

Albion beat a now third-bottom Colne 2-1 at Dimple Wells with Joe Wilkinson putting the hosts ahead after 23 minutes.

Steve Cassidy equalised on 69 minutes, but a stoppage time Andy Welsh goal sealed Albion`s win.

Trafford won 3-1 at home against Clitheroe, taking an 11th minute lead through James Dean and then winning it through an Aaron Burns penalty on 63 minutes and a second for Dean 13 minutes from time after Kurt Willoughby had equalised 9 minutes into the second half.


About Author

Comments are closed.