Pitchero ad

What Happened In The National League North On Friday?

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

There were plenty of important games at both ends of the table in the Vanarama National League North this Good Friday.

League leaders Salford City extended their gap at the top with a 2-1 win against Curzon Ashton.

Lois Maynard and Jack Redshaw got the goals for the Ammies, as they moved six points clear, with Curzon’s reply being from Joe Guest.

The teams at third and second in the league couldn’t be separated as Brackley Town and Harrogate Town drew 0-0.

These two sides both put in a battling performance as Brackley maintained their unbeaten run in the league at home.

Fourth placed Kidderminster Harriers once again conceded late as they were defeated by Boston United 3-2.

Jonathan Wafula scored a dramatic winner for the hosts with moments to go.

Dan Bradley had given Harriers the lead, minutes later it was 1-1 when Jordan Keane equalised, United were soon 2-1 up when Ben Middleton scored.

Harriers then were down to 10 men when Lee Vaughan was sent off but George Waring scored to make it 2-2, in the end though it was a loss for John Eustace’s side.

Stockport County has a delayed kick-off at Bradford Park Avenue but it was worth the wait, as they secured a victory in the 94th minute.

Jimmy Ball was in the right place to win it for County after Jason Oswell saw his double cancelled out by Javan Vidal and Frank Mulhern.

County are now three points clear in the play-off places.

There was a big victory for Gainsborough Trinity who are now just two points away from getting out the drop zone after beating Spennymoor Town 4-1.

Trinity were a goal down when Andrew Johnson scored, Nicky Walker, Ashley Worsfold, Alex Simmons and Nathan Jarman all scored for the hosts.

This would have been the result Lee Sinnott would have wanted after a few defeats.

And Gary Charles got a point in his first game as Nuneaton Town boss after they drew at Alfreton Town.

Brendon Daniels had given Alfreton the lead with a goal just before half-time.

Daniel Nti got the equaliser with 70 minutes on the clock.

Photo by Charlotte Tattersall


About Author

I work as a freelance journalist for The Non-League Paper, Yorkshire Evening Post, Yorkshire Post, North-West Evening Mail and others, based in Yorkshire, I am always at a game on a Tuesday and Saturday when the season is on, I started following non-league at the age of 10 and have been hooked ever since.

Comments are closed.