Pitchero ad

Top Two Both Win In Bostik South

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

The top two in the Bostik League South both won on Saturday, so Lewes lead the way by two points from Corinthian-Casuals, with Carshalton Athletic now third after defeat for Cray Wanderers.

Lewes won 4-2 at tenth-placed Phoenix Sports.

Sports took an early 6th minute lead through Jonny Miller, but the Rooks fought back to lead with goals from Frankie Chappell after 18 minutes and Jonte Smith on the half-hour mark.

But 5 minutes before the break the home side were reduced to ten-men when Gil Carvalho was dismissed for a nasty-looking challenge on Leon Redwood.

Lewes stretched their lead right on half-time, thanks to an own goal from Ryan Andrews.

But the ten-men were back in the game in first half injury-time when a free-kick was smacked into the wall and the referee deemed it had been handled and Ashley Probets pulled one back from the resulting penalty.

However, another penalty, converted by sub Billy Medlock 7 minutes from time, confirmed Lewes` win.

Casuals beat Sittingbourne 3-1 at King George`s Field, getting off to a good start with an early 7th minute Lex Allan own goal.

Mo Dawodu levelled on 26 minutes, but parity lasted barely 3 minutes as Gabriel Odunaike restored Casuals` lead, which Jordan Clarke added to after 67 minutes.

Cray crashed to a 2-1 defeat at Homelands to third-bottom Ashford United, whose new signing Daniel Ajakaiye bagged both goals in the 6th and 86th minutes after Brandon Scott had equalised 11 minutes into the second half.

That allowed Carshalton to slip above Cray after they won 2-1 at Colston Avenue against mid-table Thamesmead Town.

This time it was Omar Koroma who bagged both of the home side`s goals in the 22nd minute from the spot and 58th minute from open play – Laurent Mendy having levelled 8 minutes earlier.

Greenwich Borough and Walton Casuals occupy the other two play-off spots and now hold a six-point advantage over seventh-placed Hythe Town.

However, Walton Casuals were beaten on Saturday, 3-2 on the artificial surface at Church Road against a now eighth-placed Whyteleafe side.

Anton Douglas gave `Leafe a 27th minute lead that Lanre Azeez doubled 5 minutes later.

Josh Kelly reduced the arrears 4 minutes later and then Jack Sammoutis equalised right on the stroke of half-time.

Tommy Hutchings came off the bench to win it for `Leafe 17 minutes from time.

Greenwich, meanwhile, won 1-0 at the DGS Marine Stadium, courtesy of a goal 8 minutes from time from Omari Delgardo-Hibbert.

Ten-man Hythe were held to a 1-1 Reachfields draw by Horsham, whose Alfie Rogers scored after just 2 minutes.

Darren Oldaker levelled on the half-hour mark, but the Cannons had Chris Kinnear dismissed 13 minutes from time.

Bottom side Shoreham remain thirteen points adrift of second-bottom Molesey after losing 1-0 at home to VCD Athletic, whose Junior Baker scored 6 minutes from time – the Mussels having Sacha Mbaye sent-off in stoppage time.

Molesey lost 2-1 at Southwood to Ramsgate, whose Ollie Gray after 7 minutes and then Liam Dickson in the last minute won it after Ross Chalke had equalised 6 minutes after the break.

Elsewhere, South Park led Faversham Town through Jack Mazzone`s 6th minute opener and then had sub Nathan Ayling sent-off 13 minutes from time – Matty Bourne punishing the ten-men in stoppage time.

And it also finished 1-1 at Footes Lane where Guernsey`s Alex Le Prevost gave them an 11th minute lead that Sam Adams cancelled out on 36 minutes.


About Author

Comments are closed.