Pitchero ad

Coasters Are New Leaders

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

There are new leaders of the Vanarama Conference North after overnight leaders Barrow AFC were beaten by AFC Fylde….

….at Kellamergh Park on Boxing Day.

In front of a crowd of 1,279, all the goals came in the second half with Joe Booth giving Fylde the lead on 47 minutes before Barrow struck back through Andy Cook on 69 minutes.

But within seconds Fylde re-took the lead from a thunderous strike from Danny Lloyd.

Barrow equalised again 5 minutes later through Simon Grand but when Richie Allen was brought down by Andy McWilliams inside the box 9 minutes from time, the referee had no choice but to award the penalty.

And Allen duly stepped up to send Tony McMillan the wrong way and score what turned out to be the winning goal to take the Coasters a point in front of the Bluebirds at the top of the table.

Third-placed Guiseley AFC were unable to make up too much ground on the top two after being held to a goalless draw in the Yorkshire derby at the CNG Stadium against Harrogate Town.

Chorley are now fourth after they beat struggling Bradford Park Avenue 2-1 at Victory Park, while Solihull Moors suffered a 2-0 home defeat by Tamworth.

Chib Chilaka gave Avenue a 23rd minute lead they held until the 65th minute when Josh Hine levelled.

And then with 12 minutes remaining, the majority in the 1,207 crowd were able to go home happy after Hine`s second won it for the Magpies.

At the Autotech Stadium, the Lambs moved up to within four points of their hosts, who now occupy the final play-off spot, after an own goal from Liam Daly after 15 minutes and then a penalty from Kayden Jackson 18 minutes from the end.

Boston United are sixth on goal difference after winning an eight-goal thriller at the Jakemans Stadium against Lowestoft Town.

Greg Tempest gave the Pilgrims a 10th minute lead that Scott Gardner doubled 10 minutes later.

The home side went 3-0 up through Rene Steer on 33 minutes, but Jack Ainsley`s penalty right on half-time gave the Trawlerboys hope.

Ten minutes into the second half Curtis Haynes-Brown reduced the arrears to just one, only for Dayle Southwell to restore the Pilgrims two-goal advantage 7 minutes later.

But back came the visitors once more to make it 3-4 on 66 minutes, only for Southwell`s second 3 minutes later to be the final goal of the match.

Boston moved above Oxford City in the table after they suffered a 4-0 mauling at the New Windmill Ground by lowly Leamington.

Jordan Goddard gave the Brakes a 16th minute lead but the turning point of the match came in the 32nd minute when City defender Paul Stonehouse paid for being cautioned as early as the 11th minute when he was shown a second in the 32nd to see red.

Matt Dodd doubled the home side`s lead right on the stroke of half-time and then James Fry bagged a brace in the 52nd and 61st to complete a miserable Boxing Day for City.

Hednesford Town could well have been right there in the mix as they led 3-0 at Aggborough against Worcester City when the referee abandoned the game due to a waterlogged pitch.

But Stockport County missed the chance to put pressure on the top five when they were held to a 1-1 Edgeley Park draw by mid-table Colwyn Bay in front of a terrific crowd of 3,165.

But it was Bay who led through Louis Moss` 17th minute effort.

Chris Churchman came off the bench to pull County back on level terms with 20 minutes remaining.

Bottom side Hyde FC met second-bottom Stalybridge Celtic in the Tameside derby at Ewen Fields, with the visitors earning bragging rights in a 4-2 victory, despite being reduced to ten-men.

Kevin Holsgrove gave Celtic the lead 3 minutes before half-time.

Tom Bentham equalised 9 minutes after the break and then Dominic Calvert-Lewin pulled the visitors` advantage to 3-1 with two goal in a minute just after the hour-mark.

Paul Ennis made it game over with Stalybridge`s fourth in the 71st minute, and even though Celtic`s Matty Hughes was sent-off 3 minutes later, the Tigers could only manage to pull one back through Connor Hughes with 4 minutes to go.

Another early season relegation `six-pointer` saw Joe Parker’s stoppage time goal secure Gloucester City a priceless victory against fellow strugglers Brackley Town to leap-frog them out of the relegation zone.

Brackley had taken a 10th minute lead after Tigers captain Jack Harris slotted into his own net, but spent the second half a man down with Tom Sharpe dismissed with a straight red card just before half-time.

In monsoon conditions, Gloucester equalised through the head of Chris Knowles – his first goal for the club – after 54 minutes

And the pressure finally paid off with Jamie Lucas peeling off his defender to slot past Dan Farrell, the ball stuck in the mud a metre out, but Parker was there to prod home.

Gainsborough Trinity took all three points against North Ferriby United at the Northolme.

Hull City youngster Jonathan Margetts – back on a second loan spell – scored one after 14 minutes and had a hand in another from Tom Davie on 62 minutes as the Blues won comfortably – Ciaran Toner completing the scoring late on.


About Author

Comments are closed.