Pitchero ad

Leaders Held by Chester

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Skrill Premier leaders Cambridge United were held to a goalless draw at the Exacta Stadium by lowly Chester FC.

Luke Berry went close for the visitors before Kwesi Appiah forced a good save from Chester keeper John Danby.

Cambridge then had a great chance to take the lead when George Horan fouled Harrison Dunk in the box, but Appiah hit the spot-kick wide.

Nathan Arnold, Delano Sam-Yorke and Adam Cunnington all went close after the break for the U`s, but they had to make do with a share of the spoils and now lead the table by six points after Kidderminster Harriers secured a 2-1 victory against Southport on a blustery afternoon at Haig Avenue.

Joe Lolley gave Harriers the lead in the 8th minute shortly after Amari Morgan-Smith had hit the woodwork.

James Smith then levelled for Southport 3 minutes before the break when he headed past Nathan Vaughan.

But Harriers were soon ahead again right on the stroke of half-time when Nathan Blissett headed in his first goal of the season from Lee Vaughan’s cross.

Karl Ledsham went close for Port, forcing a good save from Nathan Vaughan and Danny Hattersley almost levelled late on when his shot was blocked.

But Harriers held on to become the first team to win at Haig Avenue this season.

Luton Town romped to a 4-1 victory over ten-man Hyde FC at Kenilworth Road.

The two teams went into the half-time break all-square after Steve McNulty’s 45th minute own goal had cancelled out Andre Gray’s 16th minute opener for the Hatters.

But the hosts went back into the lead in the 51st minute through Luke Guttridge and then Gray went on to complete his hat-trick with goals in the 55th and 79th minutes to make it 4-1.

And the struggling Tigers` day got even worse when they had Luke Ashworth sent-off in the 68th minute.

Salisbury City are fourth after edging out Grimsby Town by the only goal of the game at the Raymond McEnhill Stadium.

The visitors edged the possession in the first half but failed to make the breakthrough.

But it was the hosts who made the breakthrough 3 minutes after the break when Dan Fitchett netted from close range.

Andy Cook missed a great opportunity to equalise when he hit the bar from close in late on.

Salisbury moved above Nuneaton Town in the table after Boro were held to a 1-1 draw by Braintree Town at the Sperrin Brewery Stadium.

Matt Paine gave the Iron the lead on the half-hour mark before Theo Streete struck the equaliser on 64 minutes to rescue a point for the hosts.

Welling United moved to within a point of the top five after beating Tamworth 2-0 at Park View Road.

Lee Clarke sent two headers off target from Alex Dyer corners, before Lateef Elford-Alliyu saw his curling effort saved at the other end.

But Clarke made no mistake after 63 minutes, heading home Kurtis Guthrie’s cross to put the hosts ahead.

And Loick Pires secured the points with a powerful low effort with 8 minutes remaining.

Aldershot Town enjoyed an excellent win at Sincil Bank against Lincoln City to move to within three points of fifth-bottom Dartford.

Home `keeper Paul Farman was kept busy early on denying Jaydon Gibbs, Craig Stanley and Lewis Young.

However, there was little he could do to stop Brett Williams from the spot just after half-time after Nathaniel Brown handled in the area.

Shots `keeper Nick Pope ensured victory, reacting quickly to a deflected Luke Foster effort before foiling substitute Nick Wright late on.

Gateshead made it five wins out of the last six league games with a 3-0 success over ten-man Alfreton Town at the International Stadium.

After a goalless first 45 minutes, the hosts broke the deadlock through Colin Larkin on 63 minutes before John McGrath received his marching orders in the 70th minute, picking up a second yellow card for his foul on substitute Jordan Hugill.

And the hosts made full use of their extra man as Hugill bagged a quickfore brace in the 78th and 83rd minutes to secure victory.

FC Halifax Town drew 0-0 away at Woking in a game that was full of chances, but none that were able to be taken.

Both sides had the opportunity to go away with all three points but both goalkeepers put in superb performances to earn their side a draw.

Halifax will feel lucky to leave with the draw, Woking had numerous chances to open the scoring and even take the lead. Scott Rendell missed the best chance of the afternoon, a pass from Kevin Betsy put him through to one-on-one with Matt Glennon, but the shot was dragged wide across goal.

Free-kicks at both sides gave both sides a chance to score late on in the game, with Josh Payne hitting the cross bar for the hosts and Josh Wilson hitting the outside of the bar for Halifax.

The result leaves Halifax eleventh in the table and adds another notch to an away game where the side have failed to won. Town have gained two points from a possible twenty-one away.

Macclesfield Town earned a last-gasp win at the New Lawn against Forest Green Rovers – their fifth win in six matches.

Matthew Barnes-Homer gave Forest Green a 10th minute lead.

But the Silkmen hit back with goals from Steve Williams 4 minutes before the break and Danny Whitaker on the hour-mark.

Yan Klukowski levelled from the spot on 68 minutes after keeper Rhys Taylor had brought down James Norwood and then in the 3rd minutes of injury-time Danny Andrews’ cross was headed home by Paul Lewis.

There was no separating Hereford United and Dartford as they shared a 2-2 draw at Edgar Street.

The Darts took the lead through Lee Noble on 11 minutes before the Bulls turned it round to lead 2-1 with goals from new loan signings Kevin Krans on 49 minutes and Ross Dyer on the hour-mark.

It looked like being enough for the Bulls, but Darts` substitute Uche Ibemere grabbed a point with an 85th minute equaliser.


About Author

Comments are closed.