Pitchero ad

Ray Simpson`s Northern League Review

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Spennymoor Town moved three points behind Ebac Northern League First Division leaders Shildon with a 4-1 victory….

….over Marske United at the Brewery Field on Tuesday night.

Moors were awarded a penalty for a foul on Gavin Cogdon on 21 minutes but Liam Henderson missed from the spot. However, Henderson made up for his miss when Cogdon beat two men and cleverly squeezed the ball through for him to score with a left foot shot on 25 minutes.

Marske levelled on 70 minutes with a 30-yard free-kick into the top corner by Craig Gott, but almost immediately Joe Walton headed Moors back into the lead from a Cogdon free-kick.

Andrew Stephenson made it 3-1 from another penalty after Cogdon was fouled, and late in the game Dan Taylor got the fourth from an Andrew Johnson cross.

West Auckland Town are still unbeaten in open play this season after beating Penrith 2-0 at the Seagraves Stadium, and are now fourth.

They took the lead after 32 minutes when Robbie Briggs put Steve Richardson away, and he scored with a low shot from 15 yards.

He scored the second on 75 minutes when he pounced on a loose ball, ran into the Penrith box, and fired low past the keeper again.

Sunderland RCA had a good 4-1 home win over Consett.

Callum Patton and Gavin Barton scored for them in the first half, and after Kyle Fryatt made it 3-0 from close range, Aris Guerin-Lokonga pulled one back from Consett. However, Patton made sure after a mistake in the Consett defence.

Hebburn Town striker Channon North scored a hat-trick, but still finished on the losing side against Durham City.

North opened the scoring in the first minute, but Durham hit back and scored three times before half-time through Dan Madden, Olly Hotchkiss and Scott Fenwick.

Madden and Stephen Harrison made it 5-1 by the 56th minute, before North pulled another two back, and then missed a late penalty that was saved by Durham keeper James Winter.

In the Second Division, West Allotment Celtic drew 0-0 at Chester-le-Street and missed a chance to go clear second. They are now one of four teams in joint second.

Seaham Red Star are also joint second after they beat Thornaby 5-2.

Joe Melvin put Thornaby into the lead, but Shaun Reay equalised before half-time.

Seaham scored four times in the second half through Michael McKeown, Reay, Conor Winter and Jack Palmer, with Ged Livingstone scoring for Thornaby at 4-1.

Jarrow Roofing beat Alnwick Town with the last kick of the game after being 2-0 down at one point.

Alnwick thought they’d got a point when Tom McPherson levelled with 4 minutes left to make the score 3-3, but Darren Reay fired home in the 3rd minute of stoppage time.

Washington drew 1-1 with South Shields, who took a 24th minute lead through Stephen Ramsey, but Washington levelled on 74 minutes through Chris Winn.


About Author

Comments are closed.